Sunday, January 2, 2011

resolutely begin again

John Dickerson* of the podcast "Slate's Culture Gabfest" has a sexy voice and even more attractive thoughts.  I never want to see a picture of him because as it stands now, I have a tall, dark and Kennedy-esque vision in my mind and if he turns out to look more like one of those guys from "Car Talk," I just don't want to know.  This week, John Dickerson described New Year's Resolutions as unfortunately optimistic and even though he's right, I also believe taking time to set goals and allowing our uncertain selves a fresh start in unforgiving times is important.  It's a brutal world and we are no less hard on ourselves than the world we face each day.  John didn't want to declare resolutions, but said that if he had to do so, his resolution would be to "spread good kharma."   I'm trying to do that right now as my dog licks himself next to me, slobbering, aggravating and distracting me from my zen thoughts.

Next year I'll have a list of books to share, but this year I only have some favorite music that I've been using recently when I'm cleaning or doing other mindless but necessary tasks which require energy. All forms of art are for sharing.



This Month's Playlist of Music for Cleaning
and other Mindless Behaviors


 Hey World (Remote Control Version)
Michael Franti &  Spearhead

 Bette Davis Eyes
Kim Carnes

The Big Bang
Rock Mafia

Radio Gaga
Queen

Badfish
Sublime

Will The Circle Be Unbroken
The Staple Singers

Rise
Flobots

Father's Son
Fistful of Mercy

Over the Rainbow/Wonderful World
Harold Arlen/George Weiss & Bob Thiele

American Boy
Estelle featuring Kanye West

Sometimes I Rhyme Slow
Nice & Smooth

Hallelujah
Justin Timerberlake featuring Charlie Sexton

In My Life
Judy Collins

*It turns out that John Dickerson wasn't quite who I had in mind when I wrote this blog entry.  Please see comments section.

2 comments:

  1. I checked him out, he's not "dark" but the tall and handsome fit pretty well.. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I looked him up and I realized that I totally mixed him up with David Plotz! David Plotz is the one I like! And he IS tall, dark and handsome. What a silly girl I am.

    ReplyDelete